I'm scared, nervous, and I feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack at any second...
But I'm also excited for this new experience that I'm gonna have. I will be living in the dorms and be away from family (which i feel both sad and happy about) but that also mean more independence.
My parents have always let us have independence to make our own choices but they've always given advice and their opinions. I want that independence but I'm also scared of what could happen because of that independence.
As the first day of school gets closer and closer, I feel more stressed and I',m worrying about everything. If i'll like it there, did i pick the right major, the right dorm, the right classes, what if i flunk out, hate my roommate or just plain hate it there. All these things run through my head daily and the only think that i can do to help me put these thoughts aside is thinking 'I need to give it a shot. Spend at least a year there doing GE and if you don't like it, transfer.' or things like 'It's okay. You'll like it. Obviously you'll feel homesick but that's normal.'
Simple words like scared yet exited do not even begin to cover what I feel-I can't even put these feeling into words. I'm just gonna take it one day at a time and mentally prepare myself for whats to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment